Friday, December 7, 2007

Vampire Weekend on Daytrotter




So apparently the buzz on Vampire Weekend has been going on for awhile now and I am not so sure how I did not catch on. However, a friend finally informed me a few weeks ago, so I found their record and definitely cannot stop listening to it. I don't even know how to describe it. Initially "Mansard Roof" and "Walcott" stuck out, but after each listen, every song is just plain amazing. To my luck they are heading to Chicago next week and I picked up a ticket before it sold old. A review from the show will definitely be posted. So if you're looking for something new, please check out this band. They also have a somewhat recent Daytrotter session available, here. Two of the four songs are previously unreleased. I expect big things from this band in 2008.


Tracks

01. Bryn
02. I Stand Corrected
03. M79
04. Oxford Comma


[Myspace] Vampire Weekend
[Website] Vampire Weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment