Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Album Review: Jamie Lidell - Jim




Jamie Lidell - Jim


01. Another Day
02. Wait For Me
03. Out Of My System
04. All I Wanna Do
05. Little Bit Of Feel Good
06. Figured Me Out
07. Hurricane
08. Green Light
09. Where D'You Go?
10. Rope Of Sand





Standout Tracks: Little Bit Of Feel Good / Another Day / Figured Me Out


I first heard of Jamie Lidell from an interview Feist gave back in 2005. Jamie's tunes from Multiply instantly put me in a good mood and made me want to dance. Now in 2008, Jamie's new album, for the most part, has put me back in that same mood. My least favorite tracks on this record aren't necessarily bad, Jamie has just taken a slow ballad approach on them, which had slightly altered my mood. Overall, the album is good. Go pick it up and have some fun dancing. Jim is out today via Warp.


* Album reviews are composed only after a few listens. Yes, opinions may change over time, but most first impressions (un)fortunately seem to hold true. I wish I was creative enough to write a proper review, but I've failed miserably in the past. Here's the next best thing, I hope.


[Myspace] Jamie Lidell
[Website] Jamie Lidell

[Count Me Out] Video: Jamie Lidell "Another Day"
[Count Me Out] Video: Jamie Lidell "Little Bit Of Feel Good"
[Count Me Out] Jamie Lidell "Figured Me Out (LA Garage Mix)"
[Count Me Out] Video: Jamie Lidell "Little Bit Of Feel Good (La Garage Mix)"

No comments:

Post a Comment