Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Album Review: The Black Angels - Directions To See A Ghost




The Black Angels - Directions To See A Ghost


01. You On The Run
02. Doves
03. Science Killer
04. Mission District
05. 18 Years
06. Deer-Ree-Shee
07. Never/Ever
08. Vikings
09. You In Color
10. The Return
11. Snake In The Grass





Standout Tracks: Science Killer / Doves / Deer-Ree-Shee


Hmm, this album is tough, I don't "love" it, but it is very good and very chill. I honestly think I just need to spend some more time with it to really grasp/appreciate the full amazingness, if that makes sense. Every song is fairly solid and nothing is out of the ordinary, however I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. Directions To See A Ghost is out today via Light In The Attic.


* Album reviews are composed only after a few listens. Yes, opinions may change over time, but most first impressions (un)fortunately seem to hold true. I wish I was creative enough to write a proper review, but I've failed miserably in the past. Here's the next best thing, I hope.


[Myspace] The Black Angels
[Website] The Black Angels

[Count Me Out] The Black Angels Announce Tour Dates

No comments:

Post a Comment