Saturday, May 24, 2008

Album Review: Old 97's - Blame It On Gravity




Old 97's - Blame It On Gravity


01. The Fool
02. Dance With Me
03. No Baby I
04. My Two Feet
05. Ride
06. She Loves The Sunset
07. This Beautiful Thing
08. I Will Remain
09. Early Morning
10. The Easy Way
11. Here's To The Halcyon
12. Color Of A Lonely Heart Is Blue
13. The One





Standout Tracks: I Will Remain / Dance With Me / Color Of A Lonely Heart Is Blue


Rhett Miller and gang have delivered a fairly solid batch of new tunes for us. I honestly haven't been following the Old 97's for too long, so it's hard to compare, but I will say that I do like this more than The Believer, which was Miller's last release. Anyway, Blame It On Gravity is out now on New West.


* Album reviews are composed only after a few listens. Yes, opinions may change over time, but most first impressions (fortunately or unfortunately) seem to stick/hold true.


[Myspace] Old 97's
[Website] Old 97's

No comments:

Post a Comment