Friday, May 16, 2008

Album Review: Vetiver - Thing Of The Past




Vetiver – Thing Of The Past


01. Houses
02. Roll On Babe
03. Sleep A Million Years
04. Hook & Ladder
05. To Baby
06. Road To Ronderlin
07. Lon Chaney
08. Hurry On Sundown
09. The Swimming Song
10. Blue Driver
11. Standin'
12. I Must Be In A Good Place Now






Standout Tracks: Roll On Babe / I Must Be In A Good Place Now / To Baby


This album is all right. The best way to describe it is a simple/chill collection of songs that are maybe reminiscent of The Jayhawks or Devendra Banhardt, but maybe a little less upbeat and boring at times though. I don't know how to compare it to the last release, To Find Me Gone, because I've only listen to that a few times, but yeah, I think I like that one a little more, where this one is just all right. Thing Of The Past is out now via Gnomonsong.


* Album reviews are composed only after a few listens. Yes, opinions may change over time, but most first impressions (fortunately or unfortunately) seem to stick/hold true.


[Myspace] Vetiver
[Website] Vetiver

[Count Me Out] Vetiver "Blue Driver"

No comments:

Post a Comment