Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Album Review: Coldplay - Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends




Coldplay - Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends


01. Life In Technicolor
02. Cemeteries Of London
03. Lost!
04. 42
05. Lovers In Japan/Reign Of Love
06. Yes
07. Viva La Vida
08. Violet Hill
09. Strawberry Swing
10. Death And All His Friends





Standout Tracks: Viva La Vida / Lovers In Japan/Reign Of Love / 42


As you may tell from all of the previous posts on Coldplay, I've been anxiously awaiting this record. Now that I've had a few listens, I'm kind of torn. I don't love it, but it is pretty good and definitely growing on me. The band have delivered a newer sound on this record, however, I'm not sure if that is all because of Brian Eno's doing. As of now, I do think "Viva La Vida" and "Violet Hill" are the more solid standouts, but who knows what a few more listens may bring. Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends is out today via Capitol.


* Album reviews are composed only after a few listens. Yes, opinions may change over time, but most first impressions (un)fortunately seem to hold true. I wish I was creative enough to write a proper review, but I've failed miserably in the past. Here's the next best thing, I hope.


[Myspace] Coldplay
[Website] Coldplay

[Count Me Out] Video: Coldplay on Jimmy Kimmel
[Count Me Out] Video: Coldplay on Jimmy Kimmel (Preview)
[Count Me Out] Coldplay "Lost!"
[Count Me Out] Video: Coldplay on MTV Movie Awards
[Count Me Out] Video: Coldplay "Violet Hill"
[Count Me Out] Coldplay Announce Tour Dates
[Count Me Out] Coldplay "Viva La Vida"
[Count Me Out] Coldplay "Violet Hill"
[Count Me Out] New Coldplay News
[Count Me Out] Coldplay Reveal New Tracklist
[Count Me Out] Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends?
[Count Me Out] New Coldplay Tracks Explained
[Count Me Out] Coldplay Deny Prospekt

No comments:

Post a Comment