Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Album Review: My Brightest Diamond - A Thousand Shark's Teeth




My Brightest Diamond - A Thousand Shark's Teeth


01. Inside A Boy
02. The Ice & The Storm
03. If I Were Queen
04. Apples
05. From The Top Of The World
06. Black & Costaud
07. To Pluto's Moon
08. Bass Player
09. Goodbye Forever
10. Like A Sieve
11. The Diamond





Standout Tracks: Inside A Boy / The Ice & The Storm / The Diamond


The new record from Shara Worden aka My Brightest Diamond is pretty decent. Definitely not an album that pumps you up, but a more relaxing collection of songs. Now I do have Shara's 2006 release, Bring Me The Workhorse, but I can't say I gave it the proper attention it may have needed. On this record, however, I can hear a slight (vocal) similarity to Annie Clark aka St. Vincent. I realize that they have both performed with Sufjan Stevens, but I don't know, I just hear it. Anyway, A Thousand Shark's Teeth, is out today via Asthmatic Kitty.


* Album reviews are composed only after a few listens. Yes, opinions may change over time, but most first impressions (fortunately or unfortunately) seem to stick/hold true.


[Myspace] My Brightest Diamond
[Website] My Brightest Diamond

No comments:

Post a Comment