Monday, July 21, 2008

Bowerbirds at Schubas (07.20.08)




After Pitchfork Fest, I headed on over to Schubas to catch my friends, Bowerbirds. I actually ran into Phil (vocals/guitar/percussion) at Pitchfork because Mark (violin/percussion/vocals) was helping out with the Bon Iver set. But yeah, please check these guys out if you have yet to do so. They are oh so good and they have just begun a new tour, so go out and see them. They played a few new songs, which they informed me were recently recorded, however they've decided to scrap them and re-record them in the near future. The setlist below may be slightly off, but this was the best I could remember and I unfortunately didn't catch all the names of the new ones. Anyway, the re-release of Hymns For A Dark Horse, with 2 bonus songs, is out now via Dead Oceans.


Setlist

01. ? (New Song)
02. My Oldest Memory
03. ? (New Song)
04. Hooves
05. Olive Hearts
06. Matchstick Maker
07. ? (New Song)
08. The Ticonderoga
09. In The Talons
10. Chimes (New Song)
11. ? (New Song)
12. Dark Horse
--Encore--
13. Bur Oak


[Myspace] Bowerbirds
[Website] Bowerbirds

[Count Me Out] Bowerbirds "The Marbled Godwit"
[Count Me Out] Bowerbirds Take Away Show
[Count Me Out] Bowerbirds Sign To Dead Oceans
[Count Me Out] Bowerbirds on Daytrotter

No comments:

Post a Comment