Friday, November 21, 2008

Paste Announce Favorite Albums Of 2008



My favorite time of the year is just around the corner and no, it's not Thanksgiving or Christmas, it's what we bloggers love, the end of the year lists. I have been keeping track throughout the year and have begun to work on my lists for Favorite Albums, Favorite Songs, and Favorite Live Shows Of 2008. Granted, I will not post my final lists for another few weeks because I still need to listen a little more to my 300+ albums from the year and of course there are still many albums that I am still unaware of. I plan to gather some more from other lists, like Paste, who have already compiled their list. So yes, now is the time to start filling me in on some bands/albums that I may not have checked out thus far. Please leave comments.



50. TV On The Radio - Dear Science [Interscope]
49. Sandra McCracken - Red Balloon [Towhee]
48. REM - Accelerate [Warner Bros.]
47. Laura Marling - Alas, I Cannot Swim [Astralwerks]
46. Lykke Li - Youth Novels [Atlantic/ADA]
45. M83 - Saturdays = Youth [Mute]
44. Kathleen Edwards - Asking For Flowers [Zoë]
43. Amanda Palmer - Who Killed Amanda Palmer [Roadrunner]
42. Thao Nguyen And The Get Down Stay Down - We Brave Bee Stings & All [Kill Rock Stars]
41. The Tallest Man On Earth - Shallow Grave [Gravitation]
40. Flight Of The Conchords - Flight Of The Conchords [Sub Pop]
39. The Dodos - Visiter [Frenchkiss]
38. Jamie Lidell - Jim [Warp]
37. Johnny Flynn & The Sussex Wit - A Larum [Lost Highway]
36. The Bridges - Limits Of The Sky [Verve]
35. Colour Revolt - Plunder, Beg And Curse [Fat Possum]
34. Torche - Meanderthal [Hydra Head]
33. Santogold - Santogold [Downtown]
32. Silver Jews - Lookout Mountain, Lookout Sea [Drag City]
31. The Walkmen - You & Me [Gigantic]
30. I'm From Barcelona - Who Killed Harry Houdini? [Mute]
29. Lil Wayne - Tha Carter III [Cash Money/Universal]
28. MGMT - Oracular Spectacular [Columbia]
27. Liam Finn - I'll Be Lightning [Yep Roc]
26. Lee Ann Womack - Call Me Crazy [MCA Nashville]
25. Mugison - Mugiboogie [Ipecac]
24. Santogold And Diplo - Top Ranking [Mad Decent]
23. Mates Of State - Re-Arrange Us [Barsuk]
22. No Age - Nouns [Sub Pop]
21. The Ravonettes - Lust Lust Lust [Vice]
20. Hot Chip - Made In The Dark [Astralwerks]
19. Gentleman Jesse And His Men - Introducing Gentleman Jesse And His Men [Douchemaster]
18. Death Cab For Cutie - Narrow Stairs [Atlantic]
17. Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - Lie Down In The Light [Drag City]
16. My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges [ATO]
15. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Dig!!! Lazarus Dig!!! [Mute]
14. Langhorne Slim - Langhorne Slim [Kemado]
13. Ida Maria - Fortress Round My Heart [Waterfall/RCA]
12. Of Montreal - Skeletal Lamping [Polyvinyl]
11. The Hold Steady - Stay Positive [Vagrant]
10. Deerhunter - Microcastle [Kranky]
09. Lucinda Williams - Little Honey [Lost Highway]
08. Sun Kil Moon - April [Caldo Verde]
07. Girl Talk - Feed The Animals [Illegal Art]
06. Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes [Sup Pop]
05. Okkervil River - The Stand Ins [Jagjaguwar]
04. Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago [Jagjaguwar]
03. Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend [XL]
02. Sigur Rós - Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust [XL]
01. She & Him - Volume One [Merge]


* I realize that reading these lists may get old, but I thoroughly enjoy seeing and feel like sharing what my fellow blogger's dig.

No comments:

Post a Comment