Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Album Review: Camera Obscura - My Maudlin Career




Camera Obscura - My Maudlin Career


01. French Navy
02. The Sweetest Thing
03. You Told A Lie
04. Away With Murder
05. Swans
06. James
07. Careless Love
08. My Maudlin Career
09. Forests And Sands
10. Other Towns And Cities
11. Honey In The Sun





Standout Tracks: French Navy / Honey In The Sun / The Sweetest Thing


I really enjoy Tracyanne Campbell's voice and the majority of this record, however, there are a few dull tunes. My Maudlin Career is out today via 4AD.


* Album reviews are composed only after a few listens. Yes, opinions may change over time, but most first impressions (un)fortunately seem to hold true. I wish I was creative enough to write a proper review, but I've failed miserably in the past. Here's the next best thing, I hope.


[Myspace] Camera Obscura
[Website] Camera Obscura

[Count Me Out] Camera Obscura Announce Tour Dates
[Count Me Out] Video: Camera Obscura "French Navy"
[Count Me Out] Camera Obscura "My Maudlin Career"

No comments:

Post a Comment