Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Album Review: Patrick Watson - Wooden Arms




Patrick Watson - Wooden Arms


01. Fireweed
02. Tracy's Waters
03. Beijing
04. Wooden Arms
05. Hommage
06. Traveling Salesman
07. Big Bird In A Small Cage
08. Down At The Beach
09. Man Like You
10. Where The Wild Things Are
11. Machinery Of The Heavens





Standout Tracks: Beijing / Where The Wild Things Are / Big Bird In A Small Cage


Really enjoying Patrick Watson, however, like St. Vincent, I don't think these songs translate as well on the record as they do in the live performance. Wooden Arms is out today via Secret City.


* Album reviews are composed only after a few listens. Yes, opinions may change over time, but most first impressions (un)fortunately seem to hold true. I wish I was creative enough to write a proper review, but I've failed miserably in the past. Here's the next best thing, I hope.


[Myspace] Patrick Watson
[Website] Patrick Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment