Saturday, July 18, 2009

Pitchfork Fest 2009 Day 2




Day Two of Pitchfork Fest is in the wraps. Started the day off by catching a few songs by Cymbals Eat Guitars, but still have yet to really get into their stuff. Headed over to Disappears and caught the last two songs of their short set. Sounded good to me and was it just me, or was the low end at Stage B amazing. Made my way over to Plants And Animals and saw the majority of their set. Thoroughly enjoyed that. Back to Stage B for The Antlers, who were a last minute addition to the fest. Love their album and thought they sounded pretty darn great for their first Chicago show ever. Stuck around Stage B for Bowerbirds, whom I definitely love. Actually think their set was maybe one of the festival's bests. You could actually hear a pin drop. Yeasayer were next on the list. Can't say that going into it I was a huge fan, but man oh man, after this performance, I'm now slightly obsessed. Their new record is going to be amazing. Was a little let down by Beirut's performance. I've seen them before and it was much better. I don't know, something just seemed to be missing. I know a few members weren't in attendance, maybe that's the reason. On the other hand, I will say that Kelly Pratt is and was pretty fantastic. Finally, the night's headliners, The National. Great band, great performance, however, I wasn't feeling it as much as I had hoped. Who knows, maybe it was just where I was standing, or maybe I was just slightly exhausted from a long day's worth of music. Thankfully, minus a wee bit of rain, the weather was amazing.


Cymbals Eat Guitars





Plants And Animals








The Antlers







Bowerbirds











Yeasayer




Beirut









The National





[Count Me Out] Pitchfork Fest 2009 Starts Today
[Count Me Out] Pitchfork Fest 2009 Schedule
[Count Me Out] Pitchfork Fest 2009 Lineup Finalized
[Count Me Out] Pitchfork Fest 2009 Lineup Additions
[Count Me Out] Pitchfork Fest 2009 Initial Lineup
[Count Me Out] Pitchfork Fest 2008 Day 3
[Count Me Out] Pitchfork Fest 2008 Day 2
[Count Me Out] Pitchfork Fest 2008 Schedule
[Count Me Out] Pitchfork Fest 2008 Lineup Finalized
[Count Me Out] Pitchfork Fest 2008 Initial Lineup

No comments:

Post a Comment