Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Album Review: Ferraby Lionheart - The Jack Of Hearts




Ferraby Lionheart - The Jack Of Hearts


01. Holdin' Me Back
02. Pocketknife
03. Harry And Bess
04. Arkansas
05. My Name
06. Sweet Tanzini
07. Yellow Wings
08. Dear Corinne
09. Drag Me 'Round
10. Minuteman





Standout Tracks: Harry And Bess / Arkansas / My Name


After quite a few listens, I seem to be having the same problem with this record as I did with the last Bowerbirds release. With that, I mean I really really love it, but not as much as the previous release, Catch The Brass Ring. On the other hand, I do think this album contains some of Ferraby's strongest material, for example "Harry And Bess" and "Arkansas," tunes that had me singing along on the first listen. The Jack Of Hearts has no official release date at this time, but some advanced copies can be purchased here.


* Album reviews are composed only after a few listens. Yes, opinions may change over time, but most first impressions (fortunately or unfortunately) seem to stick/hold true.


[Myspace] Ferraby Lionheart
[Website] Ferraby Lionheart

[Count Me Out] Ferraby Lionheart Reveals The Jack Of Hearts
[Count Me Out] Video: Ferraby Lionheart "Album Promo No.2"
[Count Me Out] Video: Ferraby Lionheart "Album Promo No.1"
[Count Me Out] Ferraby Lionheart "Dear Corinne"
[Count Me Out] Ferraby Lionheart "Small Planet"

No comments:

Post a Comment