Thursday, March 18, 2010

Album Review: Free Energy - Stuck On Nothing




Free Energy - Stuck On Nothing


01. Free Energy
02. Dream City
03. Bang Pop
04. All I Know
05. Bad Stuff
06. Dark Trance
07. Young Hearts
08. Light Love
09. Hope Child
10. Wild Winds





Standout Tracks: Free Energy / Bang Pop / Light Love


Eh, I'm not really feeling this one. I do enjoy the record more than the live show, which I recently caught, but it's just like a "corny" Weezer meets REO Speedwagon. Granted, I don't dislike like all of it, but definitely think it would be way better if the style was slightly altered. Stuck On Nothing is out 5/4 (digitally now) via Astralwerks.


* Album reviews are composed only after a few listens. Yes, opinions may change over time, but most first impressions (fortunately or unfortunately) seem to stick/hold true.


[Myspace] Free Energy

No comments:

Post a Comment