Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Album Review: Gold Motel - Gold Motel [EP]




Gold Motel - Gold Motel [EP]


01. Perfect In My Mind
02. Make Me Stay
03. The Cruel One
04. Who Will I Be Tonight?
05. Don't Send The Searchlights





Standout Tracks: Perfect In My Mind / Make Me Stay / Don't Send The Searchlights


Though The Hush Sound may be on hiatus, I think Greta Morgan really found her voice on the last release, Goodbye Blues. Now with her new (solo) project, Gold Motel, under her wing, she's composed some nearly perfect pop gems. This debut EP kicks off with "Perfect In My Mind," a tune I believe I'll never tire of. I'm definitely anxious to hear what she has in store for the forthcoming full-length, due this Summer. The self-released and self-titled EP, Gold Motel, is out now.


* Album reviews are composed only after a few listens. Yes, opinions may change over time, but most first impressions (fortunately or unfortunately) seem to stick/hold true.


[Myspace] Gold Motel
[Website] Gold Motel

[Count Me Out] Video: Gold Motel "Perfect In My Mind"
[Count Me Out] Gold Motel "Perfect In My Mind (Demo)"

No comments:

Post a Comment